Originally posted by shadownirvana in TO Forum & by shinobi21 in MC Forum
This is indeed the most important topic I'd ever know, well, at least in my opinion, and if it doesn't seem to you like that, then, believe me this is the biggest topic, yet- in our beloved forum. Anyway, we knew, we'd come to a day like this, and we were holding ourselves for that. And here we are.
It is our unstoppable urge that couldn't help making this topic and to show you in broad daylight this fast; what I'm telling is in Anime Shows section of our forum, users- shinobi21 and the missingNiN, and lastly our moderator- Jasmine pulled the topic of exchanging, selling and consuming anime series between users here. And, then, we, that is me and Shontrix conversed and decided to make this topic at last.
But, before telling you that, I have a story to tell you guys, if it bores you, but, I don't think that'll bore you as I'm totally sure that no anime fan can be bored by story telling anyway, please try to listen to the story carefully as this story might behold greater meaning than it seems in open eyes.
Me and Shontrix met in the net, I had sent 5 mails to subcontinental anime fans, to their email addresses taken from some Animax fan site, and the next day, I got mail from Shontrix, and the day after that I got mail from MX, I had only 10 anime series titles at that moment and I phoned MX, I told him- "Please, please, give me all the anime you have, I don't have anything to give you, but, I'd give anything to you", then, MX, the coolest geek in any block I'd ever know (Not I'm flattering, you'd know what I'm telling when you'd meet that guy), he said- "Yosh! I'll give everything I've, no comment?". I really didn't have any comment, I was there on the other side of phone set, and, I'd never tell you, what I did that time. Me and Shontrix gathered around MX like honey-seeking bees, and we have only one thing we'd want from him- ANIME!! and nothing else! But, that didn't last long, friendship is such a bizarre feeling, and like a gaping hole- the more you wanna run from it, the bigger it'll get to swallow you (Max Payne dialogs, don't mind, my most favorite one!), and we're swallowed! Shontrix, me and MX, we were altogether and yet it's going on, and Shontrix has made this site (TeamOtaku) and all, we're not attracting to each other not only for anime, but also for something that anime always intends to show us- friendship!
And, that ends my story, we were first leechers, but, not anymore, we're friends and sharing our dreams together, that is.
We've made rules for exchanging, giving or taking anime for our members, and consumers, and enthusiasts. So, at first I should tell you that these rules are to be obeyed strictly by all users from now on, and we really hope that you'd do that! Don't make any inconvenient and problematic situation so that we can't get along good.
Rules are here-
1) No money, taka, kane or any currency can be used for exchanging or giving or taking anime, the systems for exchanging anime are as follows-
a. You can exchange anime with another user by Episodes=Episodes system, or, Title=Title system, in any of the given way- you feel comfortable with. Example is- a user can exchange a series with another user by episode count, as one can give a 13 episodes series and get another 13 episodes series. Or, one can exchange a 13 episodes series with a 26 or 52 or whatever episode series if both of the exchangers are okay with that.
b. You can exchange anime by quantity or negotiation only, don't ask or bargain for quality or anything, as that spoils the solemnity anime beholds.
c. One who can't provide any anime, can get anime by providing any treat or help to the provider, and it must not include money in any way. The consumer can treat the provider a dinner or anything, or some other way you can think of, or the consumer can help the provider in any ways- the consumer is capable of.
2) The total exchange can only be done through Hard Disk Drive data copying or via DVD or CD writing. In case of burning/writing CDs or DVDs, the provider can only ask for the price of DVDs or CDs, that's 20/- to 40/- for both DVDs and CDs. No extra charge for burning, or downloading can be claimed by the provider.
3) The teamOtaku will try to look through every exchange that will be made here, but, even so, please, try to be honest and abide by the rules here, as we all believe anime fans are honest and responsible, and for that reason- they are clinging to anime even in this age.
teamOtaku reserves all the right to edit or change any of the rules here, all member will be notified if that happens.
That's it, put your lists for show with the information of the anime title, episode it contains, format you have, and any info needed for the exchange to be smooth as much as possible, so that our users can contact you via PM or cell phones and exchange can take place to their heart's content.
Here's one example, if you didn't get the full idea-
Me, while browsing over this forum came to know that, one user here, that is shinobi21 had some anime that I, as well as teamOtaku didn't, so, I sent the member a PM, asking if he is alright with the rules and all. Next day, he PMed me back, telling he is really eager to do the exchange, and believe me, that thing we did after, wasn't any exchange in any way, we just took hell load of anime from shinobi21, hoping one day, we'd give him the anime he wants from us.
shinobi21 and I exchanged our cell numbers. Then, I talk to shinobi21, and heard shinobi21's address, and went there to collect the anime I want. Before that, I told shinobi21 to send the total anime list shinobi21 has, and I selected what anime I'd need from shinobi21. And thus, the total procedure was done safely!
Well, that's it. Members, you can start exchanging anime here by starting giving your full anime list here. And, your cell numbers or contact addresses, if you want.
Also you can post your List here too: Sport Your Anime Collection
Le Chupacabra wrote:
- The people who've come here (i.e. MazeCity, teamOtaku) to share anime are doing so (ideally) for the sake of sharing, for the sake of discovering new anime and for the sake of making friends.
- If anyone, as part of this forum, feels that another member is taking unfair advantage by asking for an unreasonable exchange and one that you can't *feasibly* agree to, then you have every right to report them. We're not trying to eavesdrop on or monitor every exchange since we want to think that you guys are doing what's best for both parties, i.e., sticking to the teamOtaku/MazeCity beliefs.
- If anyone wishes to turn their anime sharing into a business venture, then please take your wares elsewhere. Leave the members of the forum out of this because they haven't come here to put up with such behaviour.
- The rules are pretty lax as you can see. Yeah they mention an episode:episode or a title:title ratio but also say you're free to choose the amounts provided both of you are happy about it. If both of you are happy, then we're happy and that's the end of that little event. It would therefore be rather poor behaviour if one of you turned around later and said "Oh, I gave you more that time... and I want something in return now". Please, please refrain from that behaviour. If things work out all peachy you'll start off with an exchange and end gaining something better: friendship. Then it's no longer about what you share or how much... and it becomes a gift that keeps giving. That, I think, is what the founders of tO would like it to be.
- If those doing the giving and uploading and what-not think they're "doing a favour", then I suggest they stop and pack up. Sharing isn't a favour that one owes. Plus, there's the hidden bonus in that your anime is safe somewhere else and you have every right to get a copy of the copy you gave out, should anything happen to yours
- Similarly to those getting the anime from sharers, they need to keep up their end of the bargain. They should be able to negotiate politely and reasonably. You should make every effort to honour the art of sharing and do your bit, however big or small, to complete the circle. Can't offer anime? What about movies? Got videogames? So on.